- At 28 weeks, on July 13, 2008, Victor was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, where his mom was visiting her sister. He was 2 pounds, 6 ounces 14 and 3/4 inches.
- Rainbow worked with the Kangas family to get them back to Cleveland and at 2 weeks old, they flew back via a private medical plane to Burke Lakefront Airport.
- When arriving at Rainbow, a heart murmur was detected and treated. Had it gone undetected, Victor would require surgery later in life.
- He spent a total of 8 weeks in the hospital, 5 in the NICU and 3 in step down. When he came home in September he weighed 5 pounds.
- Cecelia and Hugh also decided to join the world a little early-both spent a number of weeks in the NICU-all 3 Kangas kids had the same nurses!
Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital is so important to patients and families of Northeast Ohio. Make a donation by calling the Holiday Lights at Victory Park phone bank at 216-983-5437 or text us at 51555. Make an online donation here.